Apply for the DDS Autism Waiver Program!
The Autism Division of the Department of Developmental Services (DDS) runs an Autism Waiver Program that provides one-to-one interventions to help children with autism who exhibit severe behavior, social and communication challenges. The program provides intensive in-home services and supports. This service occurs in the child’s home or other natural settings under the supervision of trained clinical staff.
The waiver also provides related support services such as community integration activities and respite. At the conclusion of the three years of intensive services, a child may access supplemental services that meet the child’s needs and help with the transition out of the intensive Autism Waiver Program until the child’s 9th birthday.
This year, the Open Request dates are October 17, 2019 - October 31, 2019. All applications must be postmarked and /or submitted within these dates or they cannot be considered. For additional information about the Autism Waiver Program, contact Kansas Brown at Kansas.email@example.com.
Eligibility: The following requirements are necessary for participation in this program:
- The child must have a confirmed diagnosis of an Autism Spectrum Disorder, which includes Autistic Disorder, PDD-NOS, Rhett’s Syndrome, Childhood Disintegrative Disorder and Asperger Syndrome subject to verification by the Department of Developmental Services.
- The child has not yet reached his/her 9th birthday. Children birth through age 8 may participate.
- The child is a resident of Massachusetts.
- The child meets the level of care required for services in an Intermediate Care Facility for persons with Intellectual Disability (ICF/ID) as assessed by DEPARTMENT OF DEVELOPMENTAL SERVICES.
- The family chooses to have the child receive services in the home and community.
- The child must be safely served in the community.
- The child must have a legally responsible representative able to direct the services and supports of the Waiver.
- The child must be found by the MassHealth agency to be eligible for MassHealth Standard coverage, based on family income. For families who have not yet applied for MassHealth, this must be done at the time of the filing of the Waiver Program Application Request Form. Eligibility for MassHealth Standard is based on the household income which cannot exceed 150% of the Federal Poverty Level (FPL).
How to participate in the Open Interest Period:
1. Get a copy of the Autism Program Request Form
2. Complete the Autism Program Application Form (Forms in multiple languages below!)
3. Submit the Autism Program Eligibility Application Form by mail or email
All applications must have a postmark or date stamp between October 17th, 2019 and October 31, 2019. ONLY ONE APPLICATION PER CHILD—The Autism Division will discard multiple forms. Please mail the form to (The Autism Division is not accepting hand delivered forms): AUTISM DIVISION of DDS, ATTN: Autism Waiver Program Open Interest Form, 500 Harrison Avenue, Boston, MA 02118
Emailed applications can be sent to AutismDivision@state.ma.us between October 17, 2019 – October 31, 2019. Please read instructions for emailed applications on the website carefully. Applications must be sent directly from the Parent/Guardian only.
This Notice and other waiver eligibility information will be available on the DDS website and at the Autism Connections office. Materials are available in additional languages. For additional information about the Autism Waiver Program, contact Kansas Brown at Kansas.firstname.lastname@example.org.